ROLE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN SHAPING THE SELF
ROLE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN SHAPING THE SELF-CONFIDENCE OF CHILDREN
Everyone desires a confident personality and confidence is a trait that grows with time. Some specific factors and experiences profoundly impact the confidence-building in a person. A person with better confidence and self-esteem is generally more successful in life. Boarding school like Ecole Globale builds a strong foundation for every child by its best practices.
A strong foundation always ensures the durability of a building. Similarly, a strong foundation of knowledge entrenched at a young age provides a better and dynamic personality of a child. As mentioned earlier, confidence builds up with time and experience. If a child is under favourable influence from the very beginning, he/she develops a more productive and confident personality.
So how can we develop this much needed “confidence” in a child? What are some crucial factors that are impactful in shaping the self-confidence of a person? There are many answers to this question, but one of the most underrated but important ones is Entrepreneurship.
LARGER PICTURE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
So what does entrepreneurship exactly mean? Entrepreneurship, in simple words, can be described as the process of creating something new and different. It is the method of designing, starting, launching and executing a new, usually a small business. But this is a technical definition that probably does not establish a connection with the importance of its role in shaping a child’s confidence.
Indian residential schools motivate their child so that they become an entrepreneur in the future. Let us now consider in a more generic sense. Entrepreneurship is the ability to think differently and generate creative ideas and also, being able to execute this thought process as a lucrative one. Entrepreneurship is a combination of creativity, capability and most importantly, the confidence of taking risks.
Hence, inducing these qualities of entrepreneurship in your child can prove to be a very confidence-boosting process. Innovative thinking develops and coverts into best results through confidence.
Here are a few features that are characteristics of an innovative and confident entrepreneur.
- Ability of association and connection
An entrepreneur can associate the various aspects that go into starting a successful business. They can establish a relationship between two concepts in such a manner, which a regular person is unable to achieve.
- Analytical and observational skills
The observation skills of an innovator or an entrepreneur are way better than the rest. They are more aware of their surroundings and prefer to grasp even the smallest of the details of a particular event.
- Questioning Attitude
A curious nature that raises doubts for the various concepts to get to the bottom of the problem is another vital trait of an entrepreneur. A person is only able to put up their questions if they have confidence.
- Experimental nature
Experiments are never void of failures. An entrepreneur is not easily disheartened by a crash. Instead, he/ she would learn from it and try another method to achieve their goal. This nature of experimentation much helps an innovator in improvising their strategies. It also builds up their confidence to try new and sometimes risky methods in their business ventures.
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
So what are the takeaways for children in all of this? An entrepreneurship persona does not develop in a day. It takes years and majorly a positive influence in its glorious formation. Entrepreneurship helps in building the confidence of the children as it endorses a more positive and motivating attitude in them and teachers in the top 10 boarding schools in India preparing today’s students to shape tomorrow’s world as our next generation of thinkers, leaders and entrepreneurs. Here are a few ways how entrepreneurship is beneficial for the children:-
- Children gain the confidence of presenting their ideas to the masses in the form of presentations, public speaking etc. This also eliminates the stage of fear in them.
- Children gain the confidence to put forward their doubts. Usually, people shy away from questioning anything that puzzles them due to the fear of being ridiculed. Entrepreneurship eliminates this fear, as the children learn the importance of questioning.
- Children also gain the confidence to try new experiments. With innovative thinking comes the curiosity of executing it. Through entrepreneurship, children learn the power of experimentation. Failures also do not bother them, and they get an urge of trying and improving.
- Children learn the importance of taking risks and acquire confidence in doing the same. Many people avoid taking risks at all costs, but without dangers, how can anyone know about the success and the outcomes? Risk-taking is one trait that separates an entrepreneur from the typical crowd. And taking these risks demands utmost self-confidence and self-esteem.
When we talk about self-confidence, another negative concept known as over-confidence comes into the picture. While confidence is necessary, over-confidence can prove to be very destructive. Entrepreneurship never teaches over-confidence; in fact, it tries to dissociate such a concept. Over-confidence comes through entitlement. Therefore, one should never lead their kids towards such an idea. Teach your child the values of entrepreneurship, and see them grow into confident, successful and shining individuals.